Your knowledge about dentistry and proper homecare practices are one of the most important factors affecting your oral health. It doesn’t matter how diligent you are with your brushing and flossing if you are doing things incorrectly. Therefore, it is time you tested your knowledge about homecare and dentistry, and what better way than with a dental quiz from your Erlanger dentist, Dr. Darlene Sand Wall.
Take the Quiz
- True or False: You should brush your teeth as often as possible.
- True or False: Brushing your teeth forcefully is beneficial because it helps to remove plaque.
- How much floss should you use?
- How often should you attend a dental visit?
Check Your Answers
- False. While bacteria and plaque removal is a priority, brushing too often can actually be harmful. If you brush too often, you can wear away enamel from your teeth and damage your gums. Therefore, your Erlanger dentist, Dr. Sand Wall, recommends that you brush your teeth twice a day. Brushing twice a day strikes a good balance between brushing too often and not brushing often enough.
- False. If you brush your teeth too forcefully, you will damage your teeth and gums.
- You should use about 18 inches of dental floss when flossing. Using this much floss allows you to use clean sections of the floss continually as you make your way through your mouth. If you do not use clean sections of the floss, you will spread bacteria around rather than remove it.
- You should attend a dental visit with your Erlanger dentist once every six months. During these visits, a hygienist can remove stubborn plaque and tartar, giving you a cleaner and healthier mouth.
Schedule a Visit with Your Erlanger Dentist
If more than six months have passed since your last dental visit, you are ready for a checkup. Schedule an appointment with your Erlanger dentist, Dr. Sand Wall, today by calling our 41018 dentist office at 859-344-8500. We serve patients from Erlanger, Cincinnati, Crestview Hills, Fort Mitchell, Florence, Union, Independence, and Taylor Mill.